Ingredients: 4 servings
S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix
(mild, medium hot or hot)
120 g / 4.2 oz Large onion 1 pc Chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped 8 pcs / 100 / 3.5 oz Vegetable oil 1 tbsp Water 800 ml / 28.2 oz Rice, cooked 800 g / 28.2 oz Parsley, finely chopped 10 g / 0.4 oz
Katsu: 4 servings
Pork loin or chicken breast
520 g / 18.3 oz Plain flour 100 g / 3.5 oz Egg, beaten 2 pcs Panko or breadcrumbs 200 g / 7.1 oz Rice bran oil (or vegetable oil) 1500 ml / 52.9 oz Salt and black pepper To taste
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the onion to the pan. Fry gently on a low heat until lightly browned.
- Add the mushrooms. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add 800 ml of water and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to medium, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat to cool the soup for 3 minutes, then break the curry roux into pieces and add them to the pan.
- Bring the sauce to boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Keep stirring constantly while it is simmering to avoid burning the sauce.
- Put cooked rice on a plate, top with cutlet, then cover with curry sauce. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Season one chicken breast/pork loin per person, dust with flour, then dip into beaten egg. Coat with panko (or breadcrumbs). Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.
- In a large saucepan, heat rice bran or vegetable oil to 170°C. Drop a few panko into the oil to test if the temperature is correct. (They should float to the surface and sizzle.)
- Deep fry the cutlets for 6-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of meat). Don’t put all the cutlets in the oil at once; this will cause the temperature to drop. Turn cutlets over a few times in the oil until golden. Drain well.