Ingredients: 6 servings
S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix
(mild, medium hot or hot)
120 g / 4.2 oz Large onion, finely chopped 1 pcs Beef, thinly sliced 250 g / 8.8 oz Chestnut mushrooms, finely sliced 8 tbsp Vegetable oil 1 tbsp / 800 ml / 28.2 oz Soup stock 1300 ml / 45.9 oz Soy sauce 2 tbsp Soft boiled udon 6 packs Spring onion stems, finely sliced 2 pcs Red chili pepper, sliced 1 pcs
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and fry gently on low heat until lightly browned.
- Add thinly sliced beef and mushrooms and fry for 3 minutes until browned.
- Add 1300 ml of soup stock and bring to boil. Reduce to medium heat and simmer for 15 minutes until the beef is tender. Skim away any surface scum.
- Remove from the heat and cool for 3 minutes then add the curry roux in pieces.
- Bring back to boil, add the soy sauce, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir constantly to avoid burning the sauce.
- Bring 2l of water to boil in a pan, boil the udon noodles for 3 minutes then drain.
- Serve the udon with the curry in a bowl, garnished with spring onions. Top with chili if you like it hot.